Monday, December 21, 2020

AdventWord #Mystery

 

Photo of candle on my altar. On this Longest Night, I am in solidarity for all for whom Christmastide will be " bah humbug"  Photo By The  Pensacola Hippie 

Tonight's word is: MYSTERY . 

To be honest, today was one of the days when Muse refused to visit me. Try as I might-- no words came forth as I pondered " mystery".  

However, my lazy Muse got to work when I logged into a Blue Christmas service livestream and walked outside to see the alignment  of Jupiter & Saturn-- " The Christmas Star". 

I'm not an experienced stargazer, but-- wireless earphones donned-- I  walked outside. Quickly I found the planetary alignment-- shining brightly. As I gazed at the sky-- knowing that this particular phenomenon only occurs once every 800 years-- I felt connected to people everywhere. The mystery of the Universe became more clear to me as I gazed upward and thought about all that has ocured since people last gazed upon this ' star"

It has been a rough year--- there has been so much loss . But, as I stood in the dark staring at the strange light in the sky I felt connected to generations of people who have come & gone since the " star" appeared. 

2020 was rough. But as Father Greg said { and I paraphrase.} the Light shines in the darkness.  It is our time to, as Fr Greg said again , to shine the Light for someone else."

One light at a time, Christ's mystery is made known. Even during a pandemic, people I know were helping people in need. We continued to shine that Christ-light for others-- " putting skin on" and doing Christ's enlightening work. 

Amen. 

Sarah McCarren

21 Dec 2020

Feast of St Thomas The Apostle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment