Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Coming Soon: Adventures with Anne-Lynne

                                                              Meet Ragdoll Anne-Lynne. 

She is an original hand-made rag doll that I found at my church's annual Advent bazaar. Her creator makes dolls in the form of traditional Raggedy Ann and Andy, but each one is unique. If you wish to purchase a doll like Anne-Lynne, the e-mail for her artist is: psew@bellsouth.net. 

  I named the travel companion after two remarkable women who have gone to Heaven {whatever or wherever that may be... I don't know} 

  Anne was my paternal grandmother-- who died from cancer last December. Due to COVID, my parents, spouse, brother & his family could not safely fly to Pittsburg for the funeral Mass. A kindhearted cousin Zoomed the funeral for we southern McCarrens, but it is still hard to find closure from 1000 miles away. 

  Lynne, who {as she would have said} had her Homegoing in late September, after a long illness that was NOT Covid. I miss " Doc" every day, & sometimes still want to either text her on the phone or write her a daily email. 

  Both of these women, in her own way, shaped me as the person people know today. Grandma Anne's influence shaped my childhood & " Doc's" life lessons started when I was under her direction as a choir singer at The University of West Florida. 

  My promise to myself is to spend Year 2022 living fully and with joy. COVID situation pending, I plan to slowly re-emerge into life more fully. I know that COVID is not gone yet, but I am confident that both myself & people I know and love are doing everything we can to be safe. I have confidence in medical science, and while some activities are still off the table-- I'm looking to a 2022 with more opportunities to enjoy life again. {albeit with some caution because neither Doc nor Grandma would want anyone to get sick}  

 It is my hope to have some adventures with Anne-Lynne chronicled here on my blog.  I can think of no better way to honor these two women than to live life in full again. 

I hope you will join us...

~Sarah McCarren


No comments:

Post a Comment