Tuesday, December 28, 2021

#AdventuresOfAnneLynne Shoreline Park


                                      Anne-Lynne enjoying the sea air at Shoreline Park in Gulf Breeze. 

Today Anne-Lynne joined us for a morning visit to Shoreline Park, located just across the bridge.  It is located on the shore of the Intercoastal Waterway that runs between mainland Florida and the barrier islands. We've had some nice warm temps, and no rain, so Brian and I are taking full advantage of the safe Florida Outdoors. 

The weather was beautiful. 


                                              Me, living my best, safest Pandemic Life Photo by Brian 

We gathered some litter {I use a long set of tong-like things to grab trash while keeping my hands away from other people's cooties.} We saw that the park did not have much trash scattered everywhere-- the Park Service had been there earlier. 

Since we still had some credit left on a Panera Bread gift card, we treated ourselves to a late brunch. We went at an odd time, and it was easy for us to find a table away from other humans. 

I've decided that humans I do not know are all gross, as well as the few humans i DO know who refuse to do their part to end COVID. These people are stupid & selfish & I will call them out on their bullshit. No More Ms Nice Gal--- not when COVID protection is concerned! 

After brunch we returned to the park and enjoyed the clean salt air. 

Brian worked on one of his crossword puzzles and I read more of the book _Squirrel Hill_ by Mark Oppenheimer. This is a story of how the City of Pittsburgh came together after the horrible attack on Tree of Life Synagogue. As a Pittsburgh-area native, and someone with Jewish heritage, The Squirrel Hill Jewish community are my people, too. Reading the book helps me to remember how many truly good people of all traditions there are in Pittsburgh-- in spite of the city's unfortunate location in The Rust Belt. 

Spending time in Natre soothes my soul, and I am grateful that this holiday week has some Florida sunshine. It is nice to go to the sore and temporarily forget what a selfish, stupid, spoiled species we humans are right now. At the shore, I can briefly forget about COVID and commune with the sandy earth, salty water, and clean air. 

Amen. 

Sarah McCarren

Feast of St John 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment