Monday, November 9, 2020

White Squirrel sightings and signs of hope

One of our white squirrel neighbors . It was eating, and I got close enough to get a decent photograph. I've seen these critters more often lately. Photo by The Pensacola Hippie. 


During this past week, I have seen both of the WHITE { not albino} Squirrels who live in the tress on our street. Usually they are too fast-- I am just afforded a quick peek as the camper away. 

Today, however, I found one of the snowy rodents eating its breakfast . Carefully I put my phone in camera mode & stealthily walked closer. White Squirrel continued to eat. I caught its eye as my camera captured an image of the squirrel casually eating. When I arrived home I edited the raw photo & saw that the camera had caught the squirrels blue eye. 

In many cultures, the appearance of a white-coated mammal usually is seen as an omen . 

This year has been hideous--- but I cannot help but think that The Holy Spirit, in Her wisdom, is trying to reassure me that hope, peace and love will prevail. Two days ago, I finally allowed myself to feel a thin thread of hope during this awful year.  Yet I know that there is much sadness, anxiety and sense of loss among us. 

Perhaps the White Squirrel has been showing itself often to remind to persist. Squirrels are tenacious creatures, and in these scary, divided , uncertain times we all need to on keeping on. 

Persist. God has all of us no matter for whom we voted, in God's Hands. Perhaps White Squirrel is reminding me that there is much to be done to bring divided hearts and minds together--- to see each other as God sees us 

We as Americans , and especially as Christians, have much to do to even begin to heal this pandemic-stricken, isolated, divided human family. 

We need each other--- regardless for whom we voted. Christ calls us to rest in Him, and to be the best version of ourselves. Work hard. Persist. Never give up fighting the good fight. 

Amen

~Sarah



 

No comments:

Post a Comment