Sunday, August 23, 2020

Egret

 

Photo of a snowy egret that I'd snapped while on my kayak . This was the first time that she has let me photograph her. Photo by The Pensacola Hippie. 


Here she { Egret} is close to my favorite tree.  Photo by The Pensacola Hippie. 

Yesterday a small miracle happened while Brian and I were at Shoreline Park. The resident Egret whom for months, I've been unsuccessful at photographing, let e get close enough to her on the kayak. 

Egrets are beautiful. 

Research informed me that they are part of the heron family, and that at one time were endangered. Egret { that is my original name for her} is rather shy-- unlike her cousins' Blue Herons. 

I can't help but to think that Egret decided to introduce herself to me yesterday for a reason. Perhaps after all these months she understands that Brian and I will not hurt her.  Perhaps she has been watching us, as I've watched her. 

Shorebirds are beautiful and fascinating, an I'm especially drawn to egrets. The seem to be solitary creatures, so I am especially happy that she chose to let me get close to her. 

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment