Thursday, January 25, 2024

#ACaseForLove Day 2

                                                Random Uke Neck photo 

Day 2 What is an unexpected blessing that came your way ? 

I'd had a hard couple of weeks { and I'm not going to discuss it} , and a parishioner offered to send me a copy of Bishop Curry's book _ Love Is the Way: Holding Onto Hope In Troubling Times_

As we finish up the first month of 2024, and slide into what looks like a very interesting election cycle, I needed the reminder to look for the signs of hope in humanity. 

Fred " Mr." Rogers said: 

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me' Look for the helpers.' You will always find people who are helping." 

I'd like to take this quote one step further and suggest that we Christ-followers look for ways to BE those helpers. 

I'm blessed with so many of these people in my life, people who show me the hope and love that Christ calls us to every day by their daily acts of love. 

One seemingly small act of help can change a person's day-- or even their life. {I've had this happen to me, too} 

Look for the helpers. Look for the blessings. 

Be a helper. Be a blessing. 

Amen. 

~Sarahbeth McCarren 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment