Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Anne

                                            
Anne Elizabeth Mc
Nallen McCarren. 

Today is all about honoring a woman who has made a BIG impact on my life. She died during COVID, but she lived over 90 years well. She was a child of God, a nurse, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, an aunt, a great-grandmother and a friend. 

She was tiny in stature but huge in heart. 
She, along with my grandfather, raised six kids, including my dad. 

She worked full-time as a nurse at Butler {Pennsylvania} Hospital. As
an Emergency Room nurse, she was on the frontlines of helping people. She understood that humans are put on earth to serve others, and that we each are called to a vocation. Grandma's vocation was than of a nurse. She retired from the hospital but remained a nurse. 

She loved Pittsburgh sports. I remember being at her house and always seeing some Pittsburgh sports team on the TV. Grandma had a special affinity for baseball and the Pittsburgh Pirates. 

She adored my spouse. 

Grandma knew who she was and her faith in the Triune God was strong. It was with her that I first visited a Christian church {Roman Catholic} When I made the choice to accept Jesus and get baptized, she was so proud of me. 

She had some strong opinions and did not shy away from expressing such opinions.  I remember some wonderful, spirited conversations with her over the phone. We consoled each other in 2016 regarding a certain "Buffoon's" antics on the national and world stage.  #IYKYK .  

By her example, Grandma taught me to be firm in my moral beliefs and to stand up for what I KNOW is right. 

Sometimes when I open my mouth, Grandma Anne's words come out. I learned my strength and fortitude from her. 

Happy Heavenly Birthday Grandma Anne. I give thanks for you today and every day. 

In the Name of the Triune God...

Sarah Beth McCarren 





        

No comments:

Post a Comment