Thursday, June 20, 2024

Ready, Set, Triennial!

 

 In ONE WEEK, I'll be in the midst of my first full day of #Triennial2024 in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm blessed and privileged to be the voting delegate of the Assembly of my Diocese. 

The Triennial, which coincides with the 81st General Convention of The Episcopal Church, will have about 500 women from across the USA and around the world {we do have Assemblies in other nations} 

This is a huge honor for me, and I am getting extremely excited. 

Since I am arriving late on Wednesday, I will need to take an UBER to the Galt House Hotel, where the event will happen. Thankfully, once I arrive at The Galt House, I won't need to leave until Sunday after the closing Eucharist. 

My " credentialing" email finally arrived this morning to my Inbox. Whew. Since I was voted in late, and registered late, {Barely made the May 31 deadline for postmarking, though no fault of my own} 

My flight arrives in Louisville too late for me to attend the Provence Dinner on Wednesday evening {because I did not know this was a thing and booked my flights too late in the day to attend.} No big deal, I'll grab some supper in Atlanta during my layover.  The required events do not start until Thursday morning anyway, I'll just need to get up early and make sure I pick up my packet before the opening Eucharist. 

I am taking part in the Healing Eucharist on Friday evening. to get ready for this, I picked up a vial of Frankincense to use to anoint people for whom I pray in my line. As someone who has benefited from the comfort of Healing Services, this is also a huge blessing to me to serve my sisters in this way.  On Sunday, I'll ask my priest to bless the oil that I will carry to Triennial and pray that it is a small enough vial to be permitted in my carryon luggage. 

I'll do my best to write something each night when I return to my hotel room. The schedule is packed, so I doubt I will have time for too much texting. 

Peace...

Sarahbeth 


No comments:

Post a Comment