Sunday, August 6, 2023

My name is Sarahbeth .

 

                                      

In the Christian calendar, we celebrated Christ's transfiguration. In today's Gospel, His friends got a peek into who He is-- not just their rabbi and friend, but also Emanual-- God- { literally}-With-Us

Hi world. My parents named me Sarah Elizabeth McCarren. There is nothing wrong with this name.  But, at this mid-life stage I feel more like a Sarahbeth.  

My name, and what I really prefer to be called, is Sarahbeth. 

Of course, I'll still retain my legal, name, as I don't dislike it. {plus, changing one's legal name is a real pain in the ass} 

I'll still answer to " Sarah" . 

But please, try to call me Sarahbeth 

Names are important. As I've already stated, there is nothing wrong with the name that is on all my identification. It is a good, solid, classic name. 

Yet at this point in my life, I feel like the nickname that my husband bestowed upon me years ago " fits" the person that I'm becoming now. 

Sarah Elizabeth= Sarahbeth. It is not difficult. 

In the last few years, I've grown and changed a lot. Boundaries are in place, and I've developed a better sense of who I am and what I am put on Earth to do. 

I am Sarahbeth. 

Amen

Transfiguration Sunday, 2023

Sarahbeth McCarren 

No comments:

Post a Comment